Welcome

I am using this blog as a place for me to share my thoughts. It seems to be working like a diary for me. No one really knows about it, so it's like a secret place where I can confess my hopes and fears. Feel free to take a look around and follow me if you like. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Big Day

Had I stayed with my ex (who I broke up with just about a year ago), today would have been our wedding day. Just saying that is scary.

I didn't know how I'd make it through this day, but I'm unexpectedly overwhelmed by how fortunate I am. I was in a big rush to be a "real" grown up and settle down, but I was also in a rush to settle.

Over the last year, I've learned a lot about myself and about what I want in life. I may not be perfectly content right now, but I'm free, and I'm safe. Those are two things I'll never compromise on, so anyone I end up with needs to make me feel that I'm still free and safe, not trapped and scared.

I'm not going to settle ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment