Welcome

I am using this blog as a place for me to share my thoughts. It seems to be working like a diary for me. No one really knows about it, so it's like a secret place where I can confess my hopes and fears. Feel free to take a look around and follow me if you like. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Impatiently Waiting

In a previous post, I talked about feeling like I was waiting for my life to catch up with my thinking and planning. This hasn't changed, except, perhaps to get worse. When we have some extra money, my boyfriend and I are getting promise rings for each other. He would like to get engaged, but I feel like we need some more time before that happens. The absolute earliest chance we would be able to get married isn't for another year and a half. The idea of being engaged for almost 2 years just doesn't sit well with me. It seems childish I guess. I don't know why I think that, but that's how it is.

Don't get me wrong, the idea of getting engaged to him has me smiling like a goof. I just think that if I came home today and told my parents I was engaged, they would either laugh or not have a reaction. It might be different if my boyfriend and I hadn't broken up recently, which I thought was for good. I feel like once all that is further behind us, I will be more receptive to the idea. This is all besides the fact that we have NO MONEY! haha And if I'm walking down the isle, it's going to be in a big gorgeous dress. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment